As a tourist, you always want to experience the country you are visiting as much as you can. See the monuments, enjoy nature, find peace or go out and have some fun. Moreover, meet local people and try to speak their language. One big part of that experience is the local food and drinks.
Herzegovina is a specific area, known by rocks, hot summers, and some specific cultures as well. Notable to mention are specific kinds of grapes; Žilavka and Blatina, which are the best for producing vine. These Herzegovinian vines have won many prizes on the international level and belong to a group of good quality vines. Besides that, people usually grow fond of fig, cherry or pomegranate when they go home from Herzegovina.
If you sit down to eat with locals in their homes you will find local food consists of (a lot of) homemade prosciutto and bacon that is made on rough Herzegovinian wind called Bura. Also, local food includes many kinds of cheese, a cream made of milk and many different slates like Ajvar (local chutney). All of this you can mix with a local specialty called “Uštipci”.
However, all of these are just words that can’t describe the real taste of local food. That is why we are offering you special Local Dinners that are prepared in a traditional way by local people in rural areas. The dinner includes:
- Local liquors made of cherries, walnuts, raspberries, blackberries, prosciutto, and bacon served with famous cheese from Livno and Uštipci!.
- Local liquors made of cherries, walnuts, raspberries, blackberries, and a seasonal salad (vegetarian).
- Herzegovinian casserole (cooked veal with potatoes, carrots, fresh paprika and flakes), seasonal salads.
- Barbecue specialties (“ćevapčići” – local specialty, sausages, bacon, chicken meat, pork neck, etc.).
- Herzegovinian potato made with “corn flour”, salad (vegetarian).
- Ice cream.
- Fruit salad.
- Dinner includes homemade Žilavka and Blatina vines, beer, homemade juices, and commercial juices.
- You can choose one option from each course.
- Reservation is required.
- Discounts for groups of 6+.
- Discounts for children.
- The option of preparing different meals with the prior agreement.
Not quite what you are looking for? No problem! Check out the selection of tours and activities on our dedicated webpage The Best Tours and Activities in Mostar.
Customized private tours are available. Let us know what would you like to see and we will organize the tour to best fit your wishes. Just click on Contact Us or give us a buzz through Whatsapp, Viber, or social media.