Mostar in short
As a beautiful place it is, it is hard to describe Mostar in few words, and we won’t even try it. But you need to know some basic information. First , remember that in Mostar everything is very close! You can find most of the things you need with 10 to 20 minutes walking. Moreover, most of them are in even closer proximity!
Mostar has an unique Mediterranean climate, with cool, humid winters and very dry, hot summers. Temperatures in summer can reach even 45 °C which makes Mostar the hottest city in Bosnia and Herzegovina . Notably, Mostar is, along Athens, city with most sunny days per year in Europe.
There are several relatively cheap taxi companies in Mostar. As a result, you can use them in the city for 2-3 €. These are the numbers we recommend for taxi services: 1503, 1506, 1507, 1599. The other taxi services are more expensive, especially the ones you may find on the bus station.
Currency in Bosnia and Herzegovina is convertible mark (BAM).
BAM to EUR exchange rate is 1 EUR = 1.97 BAM. Most of restaurants and shops in Mostar, especially ones in the Old Town, accept euros. However, they mostly refuse to accept coins. Although you may find some that will accept coins, we would still recommend to carry marks for the change. Additionally, if you are interested in currency changes you can find it here: Currency converter.
There are also many ATM machines and exchange offices in Mostar. There, you can change all the major currencies. Furthermore, Credit cards are accepted in major towns, but you should always have enough cash with you and not rely solely on credit cards. As for the accommodation, Hit Booker is the only provider of private accommodation in Mostar that accepts credit cards.
Emergency Numbers and Others That you May Need
Here are the emergency numbers that you can use in case something happens. Likewise, here are the other important numbers that are good to have.
- Information Center 121
- Police 122
- Fire Department 123
- Ambulance 124
- Road assistance and road conditions 1282
- Domestic telephone information 1182, 1185, 1186, 1188
- International operator 1201
- International telephone information 1183
- General emergency number in Europe 112
- Mountain rescue service +387 63 001 122
- Exact time 125
- Express Mail Service 1417
- Sending telegram via telephone 1202
- Main Bus station ( East ) +387 36 552 025
- Bus station ( West ) +387 36 348 680
- Train Station +387 36 550 608
- TAXI 1515, 1503, 1506, 1507, 1599
- Mostar International Airport +387 36 352 770
- Post number 88 000
- International Airport Sarajevo +387 33 289 201
- Tuzla International Airport +387 35 302 400
- Banja Luka International Airport +387 51 535 210
- Dubrovnik Airport (Croatia) +385 20 773 100
- Split Airport (Croatia) +385 21 203 555